|ICC Confirms 14-Year Sentence Against Thomas Lubanga
ICC - December 1, 2014
|The Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Court (ICC) delivered, in open session, its judgments on Mr Lubanga's appeal against the verdict issued by ICC Trial Chamber I, that Mr Lubanga was guilty of the enlistment, conscription and use in hostilities of children under the age of fifteen.
|Bosco Ntaganda Attacked Civilians on Ethnic Grounds, ICC Prosecutor Says
Congo News Agency - February 10, 2014
|Former warlord Bosco Ntaganda attacked civilians because of their ethnicity in northeastern Congo's Ituri region, prosecutors said on Monday during a confirmation of charges hearing at the International Criminal Court. Ntaganda “persecuted civilians on ethnic grounds, through deliberate attacks, forced displacement, murder, rape, sexual enslavement and pillaging,” Chief Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda told pre-trial judges in The Hague.
|Warlord Bosco Ntaganda Turns Himself In at US Embassy in Rwanda
Congo News Agency - March 18, 2013
|The US said on Monday that warlord Bosco Ntaganda has turned himself in at its embassy in Kigali and asked to be transferred to the International Criminal Court, where he is wanted on seven counts of war crimes and three counts of crimes against humanity.
|Thomas Lubanga sentenced to 14 years
ICC - July 10, 2012
|Trial Chamber I of the International Criminal Court has sentenced Thomas Lubanga to 14 years of imprisonment. He had been convicted of the crimes of conscripting and enlisting children under the age of 15 and using them to participate actively in hostilities. Having spent six years in jail, he may be released in eight years or even sooner with good behavior.
|ICC Prosecutor Seeks 30 Years for Thomas Lubanga
International Criminal Court - June 13, 2012
|The International Criminal Court prosecutor will request a very severe sentence for Thomas Lubanga, who was found guilty of enlisting and conscripting children under the age of 15 and using them in hostilities. The prosecutor has requested the Chamber to impose a sentence of 30 years of prison to Mr. Thomas Lubanga.
|Rwanda Should Stop Aiding War Crimes Suspect Bosco Ntaganda: Human Rights Watch
Human Rights Watch - June 4, 2012
|Rwandan military officials have been arming and supporting the mutiny in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo of Gen. Bosco Ntaganda, who is wanted for war crimes by the International Criminal Court. Rwandan military officials have allowed Ntaganda to enter Rwanda and supplied him with new recruits, weapons, and ammunition.
|UN Report Accuses Rwanda of Supporting Bosco Ntaganda Rebels
Congo News Agency - May 28, 2012
|An internal UN report obtained by the BBC says that Rwanda is once again supporting rebels in eastern Congo linked to renegade general Bosco Ntaganda. The report cites rebel soldiers who say they were trained to join the Rwandan army but were sent instead across the border to eastern Congo to fight alongside mutinous soldiers.
|ICC Prosecutor Seeks New Charges Against Ntaganda, FDLR Leader
International Criminal Court - May 14, 2012
|The Office of the Prosecutor has requested two new arrest warrants. The first one relates to Bosco Ntaganda for the crimes committed as a top commander of Thomas Lubanga's militia, the UPC/FPLC. The second was filed against a leader of one of the most active militia in the Kivu provinces, Sylvestre Mudacumura, the Supreme Commander of the FDLR-FOCA.
|Army Suspends Military Operations Against Ntaganda Loyalists
Congo News Agency - May 6, 2012
|The Congolese army has regained control of the areas of Masisi and Rutshuru, in North Kivu province, which were occupied last week by mutinous soldiers loyal to renegade general Bosco Ntaganda. DR Congo’s Army Chief of Staff, General Didier Etumba, said in a press release on Sunday that military operations against the “undisciplined” soldiers have been suspended.
|Kabila's Position on The Arrest of Ntaganda 'Has Not Changed'
Congo News Agency - April 13, 2012
|Contrary to wire reports widely circulated in the international media, President Joseph Kabila did not call for the immediate arrest of renegade general Bosco Ntaganda during a meeting with civil society leaders in North Kivu Province on Wednesday. President Kabila said that his position on his arrest "has not changed".