Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Photos Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS
News | Bosco Ntaganda


UN Report Accuses Rwanda of Supporting Bosco Ntaganda Rebels

Congo News Agency - May 28, 2012

Joseph Kabila and Paul Kagame in KinshasaAn internal UN report obtained by the BBC says that Rwanda is once again supporting rebels in eastern Congo linked to renegade general Bosco Ntaganda. The report cites rebel soldiers who say they were trained to join the Rwandan army but were sent instead across the border to eastern Congo to fight alongside mutinous soldiers.
ICC Prosecutor Seeks New Charges Against Ntaganda, FDLR Leader

International Criminal Court - May 14, 2012

Luis Moreno-OcampoThe Office of the Prosecutor has requested two new arrest warrants. The first one relates to Bosco Ntaganda for the crimes committed as a top commander of Thomas Lubanga's militia, the UPC/FPLC. The second was filed against a leader of one of the most active militia in the Kivu provinces, Sylvestre Mudacumura, the Supreme Commander of the FDLR-FOCA.
Army Suspends Military Operations Against Ntaganda Loyalists

Congo News Agency - May 6, 2012

Didier Etumba - FARDCThe Congolese army has regained control of the areas of Masisi and Rutshuru, in North Kivu province, which were occupied last week by mutinous soldiers loyal to renegade general Bosco Ntaganda. DR Congo’s Army Chief of Staff, General Didier Etumba, said in a press release on Sunday that military operations against the “undisciplined” soldiers have been suspended.
Kabila's Position on The Arrest of Ntaganda 'Has Not Changed'

Congo News Agency - April 13, 2012

President Joseph Kabila with Belgian Foreign Minister Didier Reynders on March 27, 2012Contrary to wire reports widely circulated in the international media, President Joseph Kabila did not call for the immediate arrest of renegade general Bosco Ntaganda during a meeting with civil society leaders in North Kivu Province on Wednesday. President Kabila said that his position on his arrest "has not changed".
Kabila Insists on Military Discipline as Mutiny Fades

Congo News Agency - April 11, 2012

Joseph Kabila with Congolese Army officers in Goma, North Kivu ProvincePresident Joseph Kabila held a two-hour meeting with army officers based in North and South Kivu provinces on Tuesday to insist on military discipline and cohesion. Many of the soldiers who defected last week have begun surrendering. DR Congo's Army Chief of Staff General Etumba said that those who do not comply with military regulations will be sanctioned individually according to their responsibilities in the mutiny even if they surrender.
Kabila, Army Chief of Staff head to eastern Congo to deal with defectors

Congo News Agency - April 10, 2012

Joseph Kabila and Paul Kagame in GomaPresident Joseph Kabila and the Congolese Army Chief of Staff General Didier Etumba arrived in Goma on Monday to deal with the security threat posed by the defections of former rebels integrated into the army under a peace deal. General Etumba said that “those who do not want to submit to the republican order will be hunted down by the army.”
DR Congo Government Warns Bosco Ntaganda He May Face Justice

Congo News Agency - April 6, 2012

Bosco NtagandaThe Congolese government said on Thursday that “irregular troop movements” have been observed in eastern Congo since last weekend. The troop movements are believed to be a show of force by General Bosco Ntaganda, who has been indicted by the International Criminal Court, amid renewed calls for his arrest after his former boss, Thomas Lubanga, was convicted by the ICC on March 14 for using child soldiers.
ICC monitoring pre-election violence in DR Congo

International Criminal Court - November 11, 2011

ICC Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo"The use of violence will not be tolerated. My Office is gathering and carefully reviewing converging reports of both verbal and physical violence arising out of the electoral campaign for the presidential and parliamentary elections on 28 November," said International Criminal Court Prosecurtor Luis Moreno-Ocampo.
Kabila Confident He Will Win Re-Election

Congo News Agency - October 18, 2011

Joseph KabilaWith only 6 weeks left before presidential and parliamentary elections, President Kabila, at a wide-ranging news conference on Tuesday, said that he is confident he will win re-election in November. “I know one thing for sure, I will not lose,” Mr. Kabila replied when asked if he thinks there is a candidate who could beat him.
UN Report: CNDP, Congolese Soldiers Involved in Illegal Mining Operations

Congo News Agency - November 30, 2010

CNDP soldiers in CongoA report by a group of experts monitoring UN sanctions on the Democratic Republic of Congo has implicated former CNDP soldiers, now part of the Congolese Armed Forces, in the illegal exploitation of mineral resources in eastern Congo. The report says that “units of the former Congrès national pour la défense du peuple (CNDP) in FARDC have gained military control over most of the strategic areas rich in natural resources in the Kivus, presenting a challenge to their integration into FARDC.”







Examples: Kabila | Tshisekedi | Kinshasa | Mazembe


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio
Available on App Store
Get it on Google Play



Contact Us | About Us | Édition en Français | French Edition

© 2020 CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.