Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Photos Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS
News | FDLR


DR Congo, Rwanda Sign Pact to Fight Rebels in Eastern Congo

Congo News Agency - July 15, 2012

Joseph Kabila and Paul KagameDR Congo’s President Joseph Kabila and Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame have endorsed a pact seeking the creation of a new military force comprised of soldiers from “neutral” countries to fight and “eradicate” the armed groups operating in eastern Congo, including the M23 rebels led by warlord Bosco Ntaganda and the Rwandan rebels of the FDLR.
Congo Government Says Bosco Ntaganda Rebels Trained in Rwanda

Congo News Agency - June 10, 2012

Lambert MendeThe Congolese government has confirmed reports by the United Nations mission in DR Congo and Human Rights Watch that former rebels led by wanted war crimes suspect Bosco Ntaganda have received reinforcements from Rwanda.
Rwanda Should Stop Aiding War Crimes Suspect Bosco Ntaganda: Human Rights Watch

Human Rights Watch - June 4, 2012

Bosco NtagandaRwandan military officials have been arming and supporting the mutiny in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo of Gen. Bosco Ntaganda, who is wanted for war crimes by the International Criminal Court. Rwandan military officials have allowed Ntaganda to enter Rwanda and supplied him with new recruits, weapons, and ammunition.
UN Report Accuses Rwanda of Supporting Bosco Ntaganda Rebels

Congo News Agency - May 28, 2012

Joseph Kabila and Paul Kagame in KinshasaAn internal UN report obtained by the BBC says that Rwanda is once again supporting rebels in eastern Congo linked to renegade general Bosco Ntaganda. The report cites rebel soldiers who say they were trained to join the Rwandan army but were sent instead across the border to eastern Congo to fight alongside mutinous soldiers.
ICC Prosecutor Seeks New Charges Against Ntaganda, FDLR Leader

International Criminal Court - May 14, 2012

Luis Moreno-OcampoThe Office of the Prosecutor has requested two new arrest warrants. The first one relates to Bosco Ntaganda for the crimes committed as a top commander of Thomas Lubanga's militia, the UPC/FPLC. The second was filed against a leader of one of the most active militia in the Kivu provinces, Sylvestre Mudacumura, the Supreme Commander of the FDLR-FOCA.
Army Suspends Military Operations Against Ntaganda Loyalists

Congo News Agency - May 6, 2012

Didier Etumba - FARDCThe Congolese army has regained control of the areas of Masisi and Rutshuru, in North Kivu province, which were occupied last week by mutinous soldiers loyal to renegade general Bosco Ntaganda. DR Congo’s Army Chief of Staff, General Didier Etumba, said in a press release on Sunday that military operations against the “undisciplined” soldiers have been suspended.
Kabila, Army Chief of Staff head to eastern Congo to deal with defectors

Congo News Agency - April 10, 2012

Joseph Kabila and Paul Kagame in GomaPresident Joseph Kabila and the Congolese Army Chief of Staff General Didier Etumba arrived in Goma on Monday to deal with the security threat posed by the defections of former rebels integrated into the army under a peace deal. General Etumba said that “those who do not want to submit to the republican order will be hunted down by the army.”
DR Congo Government Warns Bosco Ntaganda He May Face Justice

Congo News Agency - April 6, 2012

Bosco NtagandaThe Congolese government said on Thursday that “irregular troop movements” have been observed in eastern Congo since last weekend. The troop movements are believed to be a show of force by General Bosco Ntaganda, who has been indicted by the International Criminal Court, amid renewed calls for his arrest after his former boss, Thomas Lubanga, was convicted by the ICC on March 14 for using child soldiers.
Rwandan FDLR rebels 'kill 26 in DR Congo'

BBC News - January 4, 2012

FDLR rebels in South KivuAt least 26 people have been killed in attacks by a Rwandan militia group in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, the Congolese army says. It says several remote villages in South Kivu province have been targeted since the start of January.
Campaigning in Eastern Congo, Kamerhe Vows To Restore State Authority

Radio Okapi - November 22, 2011

Vital Kamerhe campaigns in Eastern Congo, BukavuPresidential candidate Vital Kamerhe held a meeting at Independence Square in Bukavu, South Kivu Province, on Monday. The president of the Union for the Congolese Nation (UNC) told his many supporters in his hometown that if elected his priority will be “restoring state authority.”







Examples: Kabila | Tshisekedi | Kinshasa | Mazembe


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio
Available on App Store
Get it on Google Play



Contact Us | About Us | Édition en Français | French Edition

© 2019 CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.