Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Photos Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS
Kigali deports six congolese for "activities likely to jeopardise regional security"

Previous article | Next
MISNA - September 3, 2005 2:54 PM

After Kampala, also Kigali has deported from its territory 6 Congolese nationals that taking advantage of the refugee status conceded to them by the Rwandan government were plotting' against the new government of Kinshasa. Based on the little available information and issued the RFI (Radio France International), not many details have been disclosed on the identity of the six and motives of their deportation. The only certainty is that the six Congolese (3 civilians and 3 soldiers) were accused of activities incompatible with peace and security in the region. First reports indicate that one of the six is the former governor of South Kivu, among the most turbulent of east DR-Congo. A name that certainly did not appear on the list was Colonel Jules Mutebusi, to whom Kigali officially conceded political asylum and whose formal extradition has been requested by Kinshasa. Colonel Mutebusi, along with the still at large General Laurent Nkunda, headed the attack against Bukavu (provincial capital of South Kivu) last year and successive wave of violence in the region.


Related articles


  1. DR Congo Asks Rwanda to Turn Over M23 Rebel Leaders (July 26, 2013)
  2. DR Congo, Rwanda Sign Pact to Fight Rebels in Eastern Congo (July 15, 2012)
  3. Kagame Is A Problem for The U.S. and The U.K. (June 23, 2012)
  4. UN Report Accuses Rwanda of Supporting Bosco Ntaganda Rebels (May 28, 2012)
  5. Kabila, Army Chief of Staff head to eastern Congo to deal with defectors (April 10, 2012)
  6. DR Congo Government Warns Bosco Ntaganda He May Face Justice (April 6, 2012)
  7. Kabila Confident He Will Win Re-Election (October 18, 2011)
  8. UN Report: CNDP, Congolese Soldiers Involved in Illegal Mining Operations (November 30, 2010)
  9. DR Congo says ex-rebel chief Nkunda to be extradited from Rwanda in 2010 (January 18, 2010)
  10. Amnesty International: more prosecutions should follow for war crimes in the Kivus (November 19, 2009)
  11. Congo rebel fight 'must continue' (November 10, 2009)
  12. Human Rights Watch Chalks New Allegations Against Congo, Rwanda Troops (November 3, 2009)
  13. DR Congo deports genocide suspect (September 20, 2009)
  14. Human Rights: MONUC releases reports on Kiwanja and Kanyabayonga incidents (September 9, 2009)
  15. 'New era' for DR Congo and Rwanda (August 6, 2009)
  16. Congo ex-rebel 'working with UN' (April 29, 2009)
  17. Return of Hutu Militias Sparks 100,000 New Displacements in Eastern Congo (April 27, 2009)
  18. UN complains of Congo troop delay (April 8, 2009)
  19. Rwanda troops withdraw from Congo (February 25, 2009)
  20. Signs of Progress Reported in Congo Peace Negotiations (February 23, 2009)
  21. DR Congo says foreign troops to pull back (February 22, 2009)
  22. Negotiations between Kinshasa and CNDP Rebels to End Friday (February 20, 2009)
  23. DR Congo, Rwanda accomplish 65% of joint military operation (February 15, 2009)
  24. UN mission in DR Congo says situation calm in North Kivu province (February 8, 2009)
  25. Kinshasa and Kigali Hold Talks over Extradition of Rebel Leader (February 6, 2009)
  26. DR Congo says over 2,000 Rwandan refugees ready to return (February 4, 2009)
  27. North Kivu operation a boost for repatriation, peace - president (February 3, 2009)
  28. DRC Army Integrates Over 6,000 Rebels (January 29, 2009)
  29. Amnesty International: Laurent Nkunda and Bosco Ntaganda must face justice (January 28, 2009)
  30. Rebel Integration Into Congo Army Fails to Begin (January 28, 2009)


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio
Available on App Store
Get it on Google Play



Contact Us | About Us | Édition en Français | French Edition

© 2018 CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.