|Kabila, Army Chief of Staff head to eastern Congo to deal with defectors
Congo News Agency - April 10, 2012
|President Joseph Kabila and the Congolese Army Chief of Staff General Didier Etumba arrived in Goma on Monday to deal with the security threat posed by the defections of former rebels integrated into the army under a peace deal. General Etumba said that “those who do not want to submit to the republican order will be hunted down by the army.”
|ICC monitoring pre-election violence in DR Congo
International Criminal Court - November 11, 2011
|"The use of violence will not be tolerated. My Office is gathering and carefully reviewing converging reports of both verbal and physical violence arising out of the electoral campaign for the presidential and parliamentary elections on 28 November," said International Criminal Court Prosecurtor Luis Moreno-Ocampo.
|Militiamen Sent to Testify in Warlords Trials at ICC
L'Avenir - March 28, 2011
|Four former militiamen, who had been arrested and were being held at the Makala prison in Kinshasa, were flown to the International Criminal Court on Sunday to testify as witnesses for the defense in the cases against Thomas Lubanga and Germain Katanga.
|Rwandan rebel leader Callixte Mbarushimana sent to ICC
BBC News - January 25, 2011
|The head of a Rwandan rebel group accused of committing war crimes in the Democratic Republic of Congo has been extradited from France to The Hague. Callixte Mbarushimana was arrested in Paris last October, following a request from the International Criminal Court.
|Bemba Supporters Say War Crimes Trial is Political
VOA News - November 23, 2010
|Supporters of former Congolese rebel leader and former vice president Jean-Pierre Bemba say his war crimes trial is politically motivated. He faces two counts of crimes against humanity and three counts of war crimes before the International Criminal Court in The Hague.
|Jean-Pierre Bemba War Crimes Trial Begins Monday
VOA News - November 21, 2010
|Prosecutors indicted Bemba for two crimes against humanity and three war crimes allegedly committed in the Central African Republic territory during the period from 26th October 2002 to 15th March 2003.
|Thomas Lubanga trial to resume at ICC
ICC - October 8, 2010
|The Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Court reversed Trial Chamber I’s decisions to stay proceedings in the case The Prosecutor v. Thomas Lubanga Dyilo, and to release the accused. In accordance with this decision, Mr Lubanga Dyilo will remain in the custody of the Court during the trial proceedings, which can now be resumed.
|ICC suspends release of Thomas Lubanga
BBC News - July 23, 2010
|The International Criminal Court has suspended the release of the accused in its first case, Thomas Lubanga from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Prosecutors have appealed against the court's decision to release him after his trial was suspended last week. He will remain in custody until judges rule on the appeal, the court said.
|ICC suspends Thomas Lubanga trial
ICC - July 8, 2010
|The International Criminal Court ordered to stay the proceedings in the case The Prosecutor v. Thomas Lubanga Dyilo, considering that the fair trial of the accused is no longer possible due to non-implementation of the Chamber’s orders by the Prosecution. The judges had ordered the Office of the Prosecutor to confidentially disclose to the Defence the names and other necessary identifying information, of intermediary 143.
|ICC: Jean-Pierre Bemba trial postponed
ICC - July 7, 2010
|Trial Chamber III of the International Criminal Court vacated the commencement date, scheduled on 14 July, of the trial in the case of The Prosecutor v. Jean-Pierre Bemba Gombo. Trial Chamber III considered that it is in the interests of justice for the challenge to admissibility of the case raised by the Defence to be resolved by the Appeals Chamber prior to the commencement of the trial.