Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Photos Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS
Ituri: militias kill fishermen

Previous article | Next
MISNA - July 5, 2005 10:24 AM

At least 15 people, for the most part fishermen, were killed by militias in an attack in Mokambo, in the north-east province of Ituri. The episode was reported by sources of the MONUC (United Nations Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo) and took place on June 30. Armed men from the area of Djugu attacked the civilians around 80km from Mahagi, main city of the district. The MONUC referred that an investigative mission will be promptly sent to the area. The attack was attributed to the rebels of the FNI (Front of Nationalists and Integrationists), among the most radical militias of Ituri that has not adhered to the UN disarmament plan. Based on MONUC data, 15,578 former combatants have consigned arms so far, while at least another thousand are still in activity; local sources claim that some rebel factions are reorganising.


Related articles


  1. At least 30 dead after massacres in Ituri (March 2, 2018)
  2. ICC Confirms 14-Year Sentence Against Thomas Lubanga (December 1, 2014)
  3. ICC sentences Germain Katanga to 12 years (May 23, 2014)
  4. ICC finds Germain Katanga guilty of war crimes and crime against humanity (March 7, 2014)
  5. Bosco Ntaganda Attacked Civilians on Ethnic Grounds, ICC Prosecutor Says (February 10, 2014)
  6. Rebel Leader Bosco Ntaganda Makes First Appearence Before the ICC (March 26, 2013)
  7. Bosco Ntaganda in the International Criminal Court's custody (March 22, 2013)
  8. International Criminal Court Acquits Mathieu Ngudjolo Chui (December 18, 2012)
  9. Thousands of Women March Against M23 Rebels in Kinshasa (November 24, 2012)
  10. ICC Prosecutor Seeks 30 Years for Thomas Lubanga (June 13, 2012)
  11. ICC Prosecutor Seeks New Charges Against Ntaganda, FDLR Leader (May 14, 2012)
  12. Kabila's Position on The Arrest of Ntaganda 'Has Not Changed' (April 13, 2012)
  13. DR Congo Government Warns Bosco Ntaganda He May Face Justice (April 6, 2012)
  14. Thomas Lubanga found guilty of using child soldiers (March 14, 2012)
  15. Tshisekedi Says He Won, Can He Prove It? (December 17, 2011)
  16. Security Council extends mandate of UN mission in DR Congo (June 28, 2011)
  17. Rights Groups: Strengthen Civilian Protection Before Elections (June 9, 2011)
  18. Militiamen Sent to Testify in Warlords Trials at ICC (March 28, 2011)
  19. UN Sanctions FDLR Leaders, CNDP Rebel Commander Integrated into Army (December 2, 2010)
  20. UN launches patrols to head off rebel violence during holiday season (December 1, 2010)
  21. Congo Defense Minister Rejects UN Allegations against Army (October 17, 2010)
  22. Thomas Lubanga trial to resume at ICC (October 8, 2010)
  23. Rebel leader presumed responsible for mass rape arrested (October 5, 2010)
  24. UN DR Congo Report Exposes Grave Crimes (October 1, 2010)
  25. UN says peacekeepers 'failed' DR Congo rape victims (September 7, 2010)
  26. UN Defends Inaction on Mass Rapes in Eastern Congo, Government Missing in Action (August 26, 2010)
  27. Two Suspects Arrested in Attack on MONUSCO Base (August 20, 2010)
  28. Ban Ki-moon deplores deadly attack against blue helmets in North Kivu (August 18, 2010)
  29. ICC suspends release of Thomas Lubanga (July 23, 2010)
  30. ICC orders the release of Thomas Lubanga (July 15, 2010)


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio
Available on App Store
Get it on Google Play



Contact Us | About Us | Édition en Français | French Edition

© 2018 CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.