Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Pictures Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS
News | International Criminal Court (ICC)

UN Report Accuses Rwanda of Supporting Bosco Ntaganda Rebels

Congo News Agency - May 28, 2012

Joseph Kabila and Paul Kagame in KinshasaAn internal UN report obtained by the BBC says that Rwanda is once again supporting rebels in eastern Congo linked to renegade general Bosco Ntaganda. The report cites rebel soldiers who say they were trained to join the Rwandan army but were sent instead across the border to eastern Congo to fight alongside mutinous soldiers.
ICC Prosecutor Seeks New Charges Against Ntaganda, FDLR Leader

International Criminal Court - May 14, 2012

Luis Moreno-OcampoThe Office of the Prosecutor has requested two new arrest warrants. The first one relates to Bosco Ntaganda for the crimes committed as a top commander of Thomas Lubanga's militia, the UPC/FPLC. The second was filed against a leader of one of the most active militia in the Kivu provinces, Sylvestre Mudacumura, the Supreme Commander of the FDLR-FOCA.
Army Suspends Military Operations Against Ntaganda Loyalists

Congo News Agency - May 6, 2012

Didier Etumba - FARDCThe Congolese army has regained control of the areas of Masisi and Rutshuru, in North Kivu province, which were occupied last week by mutinous soldiers loyal to renegade general Bosco Ntaganda. DR Congo’s Army Chief of Staff, General Didier Etumba, said in a press release on Sunday that military operations against the “undisciplined” soldiers have been suspended.
Kabila's Position on The Arrest of Ntaganda 'Has Not Changed'

Congo News Agency - April 13, 2012

President Joseph Kabila with Belgian Foreign Minister Didier Reynders on March 27, 2012Contrary to wire reports widely circulated in the international media, President Joseph Kabila did not call for the immediate arrest of renegade general Bosco Ntaganda during a meeting with civil society leaders in North Kivu Province on Wednesday. President Kabila said that his position on his arrest "has not changed".
Kabila, Army Chief of Staff head to eastern Congo to deal with defectors

Congo News Agency - April 10, 2012

Joseph Kabila and Paul Kagame in GomaPresident Joseph Kabila and the Congolese Army Chief of Staff General Didier Etumba arrived in Goma on Monday to deal with the security threat posed by the defections of former rebels integrated into the army under a peace deal. General Etumba said that “those who do not want to submit to the republican order will be hunted down by the army.”
DR Congo Government Warns Bosco Ntaganda He May Face Justice

Congo News Agency - April 6, 2012

Bosco NtagandaThe Congolese government said on Thursday that “irregular troop movements” have been observed in eastern Congo since last weekend. The troop movements are believed to be a show of force by General Bosco Ntaganda, who has been indicted by the International Criminal Court, amid renewed calls for his arrest after his former boss, Thomas Lubanga, was convicted by the ICC on March 14 for using child soldiers.
Thomas Lubanga found guilty of using child soldiers

International Criminal Court - March 14, 2012

ICC finds Thomas Lubanga guilty of using child soldiersTrial Chamber I of the International Criminal Court decided unanimously that Thomas Lubanga Dyilo is guilty, as a co-perpetrator, of the war crimes of conscripting and enlisting children under the age of 15 and using them to participate actively in hostilities from 1 September 2002 to 13 August 2003. It is the first verdict issued by an ICC Trial Chamber.
LRA rebel leader Joseph Kony target of viral campaign video

BBC News - March 7, 2012

Joseph KonyA campaign by US activists to capture alleged Ugandan war criminal Joseph Kony has gone viral on the web. Invisible Children's half-hour film on the use of child soldiers by Kony's Lord's Resistance Army has been viewed nearly 10 million times on YouTube. Critics, however, have questioned the methods of the non-profit group.
ICC monitoring pre-election violence in DR Congo

International Criminal Court - November 11, 2011

ICC Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo"The use of violence will not be tolerated. My Office is gathering and carefully reviewing converging reports of both verbal and physical violence arising out of the electoral campaign for the presidential and parliamentary elections on 28 November," said International Criminal Court Prosecurtor Luis Moreno-Ocampo.
Kabila Confident He Will Win Re-Election

Congo News Agency - October 18, 2011

Joseph KabilaWith only 6 weeks left before presidential and parliamentary elections, President Kabila, at a wide-ranging news conference on Tuesday, said that he is confident he will win re-election in November. “I know one thing for sure, I will not lose,” Mr. Kabila replied when asked if he thinks there is a candidate who could beat him.







Examples: Kabila | Tshisekedi | Kinshasa | Mazembe


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio

 
JB Mpiana - Wenge Musica BCBG Werrason - Wenge Musica
Fally Ipupa Awilo Longomba
Papa Wemba - Viva la Musica Koffi Olomide - Quartier Latin
 

Make Congo Planet Your Home Page | Facebook | Twitter | Contact Us | About Us | Version en Francais | French Edition

© 2014 CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.