Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Pictures Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS

News


South kivu: thousands displaced after massacre

MISNA - July 20, 2005

Thousands of civilians - at least 13-thousand according to the United Nations Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs - have fled from the area of Ntulumamba, in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, where between July 9 and 10 thirty-nine civilians were killed in an armed attack.


Some 32,000 displaced by attack in South Kivu

IRIN - July 20, 2005

The UN said on Tuesday that some 32,000 civilians were displaced from their homes in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo's (DRC) Kalonge Chiefdom, in Sud Kivu Province, following an attack earlier in July by Hutu Rwandans militias.


Bukavu: protests over back pay and insecurity

MISNA - July 19, 2005

Some 10,000 people took the streets of Bukavu, provincial capital of South Kivu, in a peaceful demonstration to demand payment of back salaries by state functionaries and against the wide insecurity.


Elections: registration proceeds despite opposition boycott

MISNA - July 19, 2005

Over 2.5-million citizens have registered to vote since the start of the census operations on June 20, as referred by the Independent Electoral Commission of Kinshasa. Also specifying that the aim is to register all voters of the capital, 3.5-million people on a population of 6,8-m, by the beginning of August.


UN to resume air service in Kasaļ Oriental

IRIN - July 14, 2005

The UN has said it plans to resume flights to two remote areas in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)'s Kasaļ Oriental Province in response to requests from the humanitarian organistions.


UN says it needs an extra US $190 million for polls

IRIN - July 14, 2005

UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan has issued a two-page report to the Security Council in which he gave details of almost US $190 million in additional costs the UN requires to support upcoming elections in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).


South kivu: massacre in ntutumamba, un mission sends team of experts

MISNA - July 13, 2005

An inquiry team of forensic and human rights experts was sent by the United Nations Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo (MONUC) to a village in the east of the nation where over the weekend at least 39 people were killed, some burned alive in their homes, in an armed attack.


Two mass graves reported in eastern village of Ntulumamba

IRIN - July 13, 2005

Two mass graves believed to contain the remains of 39 civilians killed on Saturday in Ntulumamba village, in Kalonge Chiefdom 75 km north of Bukavu, have been reported to the UN Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo (MONUC), a UN spokeswoman said.


Army recaptures Nyamilima village, North Kivu

IRIN - July 13, 2005

Government troops recaptured on Tuesday the village of Nyamilima, one of three in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo held by local and Rwandan Hutu rebels, a senior army commander said.


North kivu: violent clashes north of rutshuru between old rivals

MISNA - July 12, 2005

Violent clashes are underway since yesterday near Nyamilima, a town north of Rutshuru (eastern Congolese province of North Kivu) and around a dozen kilometres from the border with Uganda. As referred by MISNA sources, the fighting that broke out last night is still underway.





All news pages

» All 205 pages




Examples: Kabila | Tshisekedi | Kinshasa | Mazembe


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio

 
JB Mpiana - Wenge Musica BCBG Werrason - Wenge Musica
Fally Ipupa Awilo Longomba
Papa Wemba - Viva la Musica Koffi Olomide - Quartier Latin
 

Make Congo Planet Your Home Page | Facebook | Twitter | Contact Us | About Us | Version en Francais | French Edition

© 2014 CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.