Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Photos Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS
News | Ituri


ICC Prosecutor Seeks 30 Years for Thomas Lubanga

International Criminal Court - June 13, 2012

ICC finds Thomas Lubanga guilty of using child soldiersThe International Criminal Court prosecutor will request a very severe sentence for Thomas Lubanga, who was found guilty of enlisting and conscripting children under the age of 15 and using them in hostilities. The prosecutor has requested the Chamber to impose a sentence of 30 years of prison to Mr. Thomas Lubanga.
ICC Prosecutor Seeks New Charges Against Ntaganda, FDLR Leader

International Criminal Court - May 14, 2012

Luis Moreno-OcampoThe Office of the Prosecutor has requested two new arrest warrants. The first one relates to Bosco Ntaganda for the crimes committed as a top commander of Thomas Lubanga's militia, the UPC/FPLC. The second was filed against a leader of one of the most active militia in the Kivu provinces, Sylvestre Mudacumura, the Supreme Commander of the FDLR-FOCA.
Kabila's Position on The Arrest of Ntaganda 'Has Not Changed'

Congo News Agency - April 13, 2012

President Joseph Kabila with Belgian Foreign Minister Didier Reynders on March 27, 2012Contrary to wire reports widely circulated in the international media, President Joseph Kabila did not call for the immediate arrest of renegade general Bosco Ntaganda during a meeting with civil society leaders in North Kivu Province on Wednesday. President Kabila said that his position on his arrest "has not changed".
DR Congo Government Warns Bosco Ntaganda He May Face Justice

Congo News Agency - April 6, 2012

Bosco NtagandaThe Congolese government said on Thursday that “irregular troop movements” have been observed in eastern Congo since last weekend. The troop movements are believed to be a show of force by General Bosco Ntaganda, who has been indicted by the International Criminal Court, amid renewed calls for his arrest after his former boss, Thomas Lubanga, was convicted by the ICC on March 14 for using child soldiers.
Thomas Lubanga found guilty of using child soldiers

International Criminal Court - March 14, 2012

ICC finds Thomas Lubanga guilty of using child soldiersTrial Chamber I of the International Criminal Court decided unanimously that Thomas Lubanga Dyilo is guilty, as a co-perpetrator, of the war crimes of conscripting and enlisting children under the age of 15 and using them to participate actively in hostilities from 1 September 2002 to 13 August 2003. It is the first verdict issued by an ICC Trial Chamber.
Militiamen Sent to Testify in Warlords Trials at ICC

L'Avenir - March 28, 2011

Thomas Lubanga DyiloFour former militiamen, who had been arrested and were being held at the Makala prison in Kinshasa, were flown to the International Criminal Court on Sunday to testify as witnesses for the defense in the cases against Thomas Lubanga and Germain Katanga.
Thomas Lubanga trial to resume at ICC

ICC - October 8, 2010

Thomas Lubanga DyiloThe Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Court reversed Trial Chamber I’s decisions to stay proceedings in the case The Prosecutor v. Thomas Lubanga Dyilo, and to release the accused. In accordance with this decision, Mr Lubanga Dyilo will remain in the custody of the Court during the trial proceedings, which can now be resumed.
ICC suspends release of Thomas Lubanga

BBC News - July 23, 2010

Thomas LubangaThe International Criminal Court has suspended the release of the accused in its first case, Thomas Lubanga from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Prosecutors have appealed against the court's decision to release him after his trial was suspended last week. He will remain in custody until judges rule on the appeal, the court said.
ICC orders the release of Thomas Lubanga

ICC - July 15, 2010

Thomas LubangaFollowing its decision, dated 8 July, 2010, imposing an unconditional stay on the proceedings of the case The Prosecutor v. Thomas Lubanga Dyilo, Trial Chamber I of the International Criminal Court today ordered the release of the accused. According to the judges, an accused cannot be held in preventative custody on a speculative basis, namely that at some stage in the future the proceedings may be resurrected.
ICC suspends Thomas Lubanga trial

ICC - July 8, 2010

Thomas LubangaThe International Criminal Court ordered to stay the proceedings in the case The Prosecutor v. Thomas Lubanga Dyilo, considering that the fair trial of the accused is no longer possible due to non-implementation of the Chamber’s orders by the Prosecution. The judges had ordered the Office of the Prosecutor to confidentially disclose to the Defence the names and other necessary identifying information, of intermediary 143.







Examples: Kabila | Tshisekedi | Kinshasa | Mazembe


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio
Available on App Store
Get it on Google Play



Contact Us | About Us | Édition en Français | French Edition

© 2019 CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.