Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Photos Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS
News | International Criminal Court (ICC)


The M23 Rebels Want to Overthrow Kabila? Nonsense

Congo News Agency - November 28, 2012

Presidents Joseph Kabila, Yoweri Museveni and Paul Kagame in Kampala, UgangaThe M23 rebels say they want to “liberate” DR Congo. They say they will take their fight thousands of miles westward to the capital Kinshasa if necessary. The M23 want to overthrow Kabila? Nonsense. It could be argued that Rwanda and Uganda have never had, and will likely never have, a better friend in power in Kinshasa than Mr. Kabila.
M23 Rebels Committing War Crimes

Human Rights Watch - September 11, 2012

Colonel Sultani Makenga, center, a senior M23 leader, on a hill in eastern Congo, July 2012Rwandan officials may be complicit in war crimes through their continued military assistance to M23 forces, Human Rights Watch said. The Rwandan army has deployed its troops to eastern Congo to directly support the M23 rebels in military operations.
Kagame May Face War Crimes Charges at the ICC, Says US Official

Congo News Agency - July 26, 2012

Stephen RappA senior US official has warned Rwandan officials that they may face charges at the International Criminal Court for their support to rebels in eastern Congo led by warlord Bosco Ntaganda. Stephen Rapp, the US Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes Issues, said that Rwandan authorities could be charged with “aiding and abetting” war crimes in DR Congo.
US Cuts Military Aid to Rwanda Over Support to Rebels in DR Congo

VOA News - July 21, 2012

Rwanda's President Paul Kagame and DR Congo's President Joseph Kabila met in Addis-Ababa on July 15, 2012The United States has cut its military aid to Rwanda, citing concerns that the government in Kigali is supporting rebels in neighboring Democratic Republic of Congo. The U.S. State Department said it had evidence that Rwanda is helping Congolese rebel groups, including M23.
DR Congo, Rwanda Sign Pact to Fight Rebels in Eastern Congo

Congo News Agency - July 15, 2012

Joseph Kabila and Paul KagameDR Congo’s President Joseph Kabila and Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame have endorsed a pact seeking the creation of a new military force comprised of soldiers from “neutral” countries to fight and “eradicate” the armed groups operating in eastern Congo, including the M23 rebels led by warlord Bosco Ntaganda and the Rwandan rebels of the FDLR.
Thomas Lubanga sentenced to 14 years

ICC - July 10, 2012

ICC finds Thomas Lubanga guilty of using child soldiersTrial Chamber I of the International Criminal Court has sentenced Thomas Lubanga to 14 years of imprisonment. He had been convicted of the crimes of conscripting and enlisting children under the age of 15 and using them to participate actively in hostilities. Having spent six years in jail, he may be released in eight years or even sooner with good behavior.
U.S. Tells Rwanda to Stop Supporting Rebels in DR Congo

Congo News Agency - July 2, 2012

Victoria Nuland, spokesperson for the United States Department of StateThe U.S. has “asked Rwanda to halt and prevent” the support to rebels in DR Congo from its territory after a U.N. report said that top Rwandan officials have provided weapons, ammunitions and men to a new rebellion led by warlord Bosco Ntaganda, who is wanted by the International Criminal Court on war crimes charges.
Kagame Is A Problem for The U.S. and The U.K.

Congo News Agency - June 23, 2012

Rwanda's President Paul KagameRights groups are increasingly appalled at the support Mr. Kagame has continued to receive from those who claim to be the leading defenders of human rights around the world, while at the same time providing support and cover for a man many consider a dictator involved in war crimes across the border in eastern Congo.
ICC Prosecutor Seeks 30 Years for Thomas Lubanga

International Criminal Court - June 13, 2012

ICC finds Thomas Lubanga guilty of using child soldiersThe International Criminal Court prosecutor will request a very severe sentence for Thomas Lubanga, who was found guilty of enlisting and conscripting children under the age of 15 and using them in hostilities. The prosecutor has requested the Chamber to impose a sentence of 30 years of prison to Mr. Thomas Lubanga.
Congo Army Advances On Rebels Holdout, Says Official

Peter Clottey/VOA News - June 5, 2012

Lambert Mende OmalangaInformation minister Lambert Mende says the national army is crushing the rebellion by renegade soldiers loyal to General Bosco Ntaganda. “The army is advancing and they are doing very well. And we hope that in the hours or days to come, the job will be finished. I think everything will be done very soon,” said Lambert Mende.







Examples: Kabila | Tshisekedi | Kinshasa | Mazembe


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio
Available on App Store
Get it on Google Play



Contact Us | About Us | Édition en Français | French Edition

© 2018 CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.